Wednesday, September 29, 2010

22,000 Metaphorical Words

They say a picture is worth 1000 words. How about a picture of 22 books?


I told you all that I keep my books on my piano. Yes, I do have a bookshelf, and yes, it is fully functional. But this thing is right next to my bed -- my bookshelf is on the other side of my room. (Although this reminds me of how when I was a youngin', I had a bed where the headboard was actually a bookshelf. It was rather distracting because as I was trying to fall asleep, I'd reach behind my head and just play with the books.)

So this is my "To Be Read" pile. Technically. There's actually a few more books in my bookshelf that I have yet to read, that I'm looking forward to read, but haven't made it to the piano yet. Most of these books I bought over the summer. 11 of them to be exact. (Whoa! That's actually half!) 1 I won in a contest. And if you'll notice, I do indeed have two copies of Killing Mr. Griffin and I Know What You Did Last Summer. The original print version, and the modern print version. I intend to read them back to back. (I still have to add the updated version of Don't Look Behind You, but I don't really feel like shelling out the cash for it right now.)

To top it off, I've read half of these books. Okay, 8 of them. Not including the "modern" versions of two of them.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to make a dent in my pile of books.

No comments:

Post a Comment