Tuesday, September 21, 2010

8 Things You Never Needed to Know about Me

So an internet tag has been going around where the blogger answers eight questions, and then tags eight people to answer the same. I was tagged by Coffey, Tea, And Literary. And since I only have 8 followers, you're all tagged.

Be warned. There's some fangirliness/obsessing in here. (I'm only human.)

1. If you could have a superpower, what would you have? Why?
Normally I'd say Telekenisis so that I could screw with people and fly, but I think that'd make me lazy. So just the power of flight would be awesome. If I couldn't have that, then I'd choose orbing from Charmed, because that was just pretty cool.


2. Who is your style icon?
Probably My Chemical Romance from a theatrical standpoint. They've dictated a lot of my style, from my love of dark (slimming) colors and red, too even the nicer way of dress. They might be a dirty rock band, but they know how to clean up.

Honestly, I could go on a whole tangent about this band from their writing, to their theatrics, to their style, and their music. I'll save that for a later post so that you'll know what you're getting into, and so that I can organize it so that it's interesting.


3. What is your favorite quote?
"Writers are the only adults who get to spend all day in their pajamas playing with their imaginary friends." by, I forget who.

I actually have a whole list of favorite quotes, but they're all in reference to either MCR, Back to the Future, or Supernatural.

Oh, there's also this good one: "Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum viditur. -- whatever is said in Latin sounds profound."


4. What is the best compliment you've ever received?
When I was told I write with a style very similar to Sylvia Plath. I was floating on that for days.


5. What playlist/cd is on your ipod/cd player right now?
Now surely you know the answer to this. Currently it's Kaizers Orchestra. But it's been hopping between that and MCR because they just released half of a new single (yes, half of one single song.) and it's got a lot of energy to it.

Actually, there's two other things constantly playing. I've got a loop of rain falling for when I need to calm down, and I'm also working on aquiring the Supernatural Soundtrack. (I'm a sucker for soundtrack music. I also have the soundtracks to all the X-Men movies, and to the first Transformers movie.)


6. Are you a night owl or a morning person?
Night, night, night, night, night. Ironically, I'm too jittery at night to write, but I can't keep my eyes open in the morning. (Slightly related note... caffeine has no effect on me.)


7. Do you prefer dogs or cats?
Dogs. Dogs will always be there for you no matter what.


8. What is the meaning behind your blog name?
My blog name actually started out from my gmail account. When I was a junior in high school, my German teacher needed us to make gmail accounts so we could make power point presentations and send them to her. I couldn't think of a name, and I wanted something unique. I wanted something to do with writing, and then for the second name... all I could think about was (roll your eyes now) how [the lead singer of a certain band] just had a daughter and her name was Bandit. (Seriously, what is it with famous people when they name their children. It's cute and all, but still.) Thus "writingbandit."

"B-b-but... you're Writer Renegade." Yes, that's right. When I decided to make a blog, I got paranoid. I thought "if I use 'bandit' in the name, will that mean that I steal from people?" I thought it would mean people would think I plagiarized everything. Then Renegade by Styx started playing on my computer and I was like... "got it!"

TL;DR version of it, I wanted to be something/someone different, and I couldn't get the song out of my head. It's also the name of my alter ego.

--

Okay, that's it for now. I tagged you, but you might not do this. If you do, leave the link in a comment for me to see.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, nice to meet you, Becca!

    This was fun, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caffeine doesn't work for you??? Oh, how sad I would be....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Joanna. I've even had Pepsi Max, which is like, three times the amount of caffeine. I'll drink it at like, midnight, and fall asleep in an hour. Although I'm fairly confident that it makes my heart race.

    ReplyDelete