Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Duff! - Contest

Now, I'm not an avid follower of The Duff. Although almost every blog I follow is. (No, this is not a book review.) But, this book, The Duff (by Kody Keplinger) was just released, after a long and grueling anticipation.

The Duff -- The Designated Ugly Fat Friend. Sounds like my life story, right? Ha!
In all seriousness, this kind of book normally would not appeal to me. There's a person on the cover, even worse... it's a close up. But the book kept popping up everywhere... including the "obnoxious" cover. (Don't get me wrong, I'm just joking around. At least this girl isn't all... ethreal.)

So I looked at the premise:
Seventeen-year-old Bianca Piper is cynical and loyal, and she doesn't think she's the prettiest of her friends by a long shot. She's also way too smart to fall for the charms of man-slut and slimy school hottie Wesley Rush. In fact, Bianca hates him. And when he nicknames her "Duffy," she throws her Coke in his face.

But things aren't so great at home right now. Desperate for a distraction, Bianca ends up kissing Wesley. And likes it. Eager for escape, she throws herself into a closeted enemies-with-benefits relationship with Wesley.

Until it all goes horribly awry. It turns out that Wesley isn't such a bad listener, and his life is pretty screwed up, too. Suddenly Bianca realizes with absolute horror that she's falling for the guy she thought she hated more than anyone.

El gasp! I feel like I might read another story that I could relate to! (A rarity in the current publishing world.) (In my opinion... after all, I'm rather picky.)

So this book actually looks good. I'd like to read it. And what better way to read it than in a free copy of the book, that I could only win in the contest being held here: clicky!

No, I haven't won. Yes, I'd like to. Who doesn't like free books?
(On a related note, thank you to Dianne Salerni, for my new book from you!)

Enter the contest, don't... I'm just here to inform you. I'd rather you don't, so I could win more easily. If not, I'll probably buy the book anyway. I have an addiction to buying books. -- (currently I'm trying to keep myself from buying The Great Gatsby, Thirteen Reasons Why, Artichoke's Heart, The Replacements, The Haunting of Hill House, Gives Me Hope, Will Grayson Will Grayson, the modern versions of Lois Duncan's books, and even X-Men and Philosophy. -- Heehee, I'm a freak.)

So... that's that. Contest, I've led you there. Books, I must add to bookshelf. New blog post coming soon. Bag of candy corn empty. Must finish reading The Catcher in the Rye. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment