Wednesday, January 5, 2011

First Road Trip Wednesday of 2011

I read a bunch of books in 2010. Some were for school as I finished up my senior year, but most were for recreation. Road Trip Wednesday has asked me to pick my five favorite.

1. Looking for Alaska by John Green
I felt like I wanted to be in this story, and I didn't want to slap any of the characters.







2. Artichoke's Heart by Suzanne Supplee
This one hit close to home with it being about a girl with actual weight problems, who actually struggled with them, and didn't magically reach a magical (and realistically unattainable) happy ending like other "fat girl" books.







3. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
A little less interesting than Looking for Alaska, but John Green rocks my literary socks. And I liked Hassan's character.







4. Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
I haven't done my official review for this yet, but Dash used a vocabulary that would make my English teacher from last year feel inferior.







5. 1984 by George Orwell
Of course I picked a classic. Seriously though, I did enjoy this book, even if I did have to read it for school.







And to complete this post, I must sum up 2010 in a book title....

The Middle-Aged and Restless

Oh yeah... I went there.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't even heard of Artichokes! That sounds really good. (The book. Well, and the vegetable too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only read 1984 for the first time in 2010 as well. It's my fiance's favorite book so I figured I better.

    ReplyDelete