Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Narrator

Another Wednesday, another Road Trip.

Let's face it... sometimes we really want to read, but we're too tired to keep our eyes open, so we want someone to tell us the story instead. That's all fine and dandy, but your parents say you're too old to be read to. You're next door neighbor stares at your momentarily before slamming the door in your face. And you're pretty sure that strange guy on the side of the road will read to you, but you forgot he's actually illiterate.

What we need here is an audio book. They will read with pause, unless we want them to, and without dirty looks in our direction. But as great as they are, they raise the question, "who should read them?"

Ah, now that I can answer.

I've narrowed it down to three. Three celebrity voices that could read an epic book, or make a really bad book suck less:


1. James Earl Jones -- the obvious choice. But with classics like "Build it Ray, and they will come" and everything he said in The Lion King under his belt, not to mention those old at&t commercials, he's no newcomer to awesome narrative voices.


2. Morgan Freeman -- he's God. That's about all I have to say about that.


3. Gerard Way -- oh here we go. Now you all roll your eyes, but I have legitimate reasoning, (besides the fact that I went to a My Chem concert last Friday, which if you're interested, you can read the review here.)

But in all honesty, this man has a great voice. It's different. And he's good at narrating. At least that's what I've thought ever since I heard him in this little piece where he actually did narrate something. He can convey emotion, story, and the creepy. And if you have any doubt about his acting abilities, you'd better watch him in this video here.

(Give me a break. I did just go to a concert after all.)

Those are my choices. What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment