Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Awesome


Oh wait, wasn't I supposed to be reading Harry Potter all week? Well, after I thought about the fact that it was "7 books in 7 days" I realized that might be a bit of an unattainable challenge. I'm still reading Sorcerer's Stone, but I'm enjoying it. I took a break today though. I ended up in Target, for whatever reason, and I found myself in the book aisle. I couldn't resist the fresh titles, and the clean, crisp covers. Suddenly one cover popped out. It was dark with bright, colorful letters. It was awesome. Literally. It was Awesome.

The Book of Awesome, to be exact. A book written by a Neil Pasricha. It's a decent-sized, almost chunky book, that I finished in one day. It's all about the little things in life that make us smile.
  • High-fiving babies
  • Popping bubble wrap
  • Celebrating your pet's birthday even though they have no idea what's going on
  • Getting into a bed with clean sheets after shaving your legs
  • The smell of the coffee aisle in the grocery store
...And so many more. They are the little things we tend to overlook, but when they happen, they suddenly brighten our moods and change out outlook on the rest of the day. They make us into geniuses or the luckiest people in the world. They are the things that are purely awesome.

Please pick up this book. It's not too long, and it'll make your day. (And if you happen to find yourself in Target, the book is 20% off. Now that's awesome.)

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm ... The first thing I wondered was how a guy named Neil knew how it felt to get into a bed with clean sheets just after shaving your legs. Sorry. That just jumped out at me. :D Picturing all kinds of stuff about Neil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Or so I've heard," quickly follows the sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip - I'll have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete