Monday, September 19, 2011

Anything Goes

That is the title of my new free-write notebook. It is covered in tye-dyed duct tape, and I love it. Unfortunately my camera is dead, so I don't have a picture, but just imagine the fun of a classic composition book, wrapped in orange and yellow tye-dyed duct tape, with the words "Anything Goes" in typewriter print on the cover.

(Please ignore the previous run-on sentence. It's late.)

I have decided to start a new project, if you will. Some call it free writing. A friend of mine calls it "Fic doodles." I like to think it lies somewhere in between. Basically "anything goes."

If I want to write it, it goes in here. If I have a spark of a creative idea, no matter how small, no matter how dim, it goes in this notebook. It doesn't have to have a plot. It can be five pages about the leaf that fell off that tree over there. (Points out the window.) Heck, it doesn't even have to make sense. The point is to write. There are no rules in this journal. It can suck, or it can be awesome... it just has to be.

And with that, I wish you all a goodnight as I crawl under the covers and dream up my next piece of fiction.

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck with finding your newest novel topic! Found you from Brenda Drake's blogfest! Christy

    ReplyDelete