Wednesday, December 28, 2011

An On-Time Road Trip

Oh hey, two road trip Wednesday's in one day. And there might be another post before I go to bed. I'm on a roll!

It's the big one this week. It's the end of the year. What other question is there to ask than "What were your top favorite books from 2011?"

This year I was smart. I kept a list on my blog of all the books I read. I started off strong in January, then I got my first full time job and slowed down, but let's take a look and pick out the good reads.

Books read in 2011 - I will bold the favorites and elaborate later. (I will also exclude the re-reads.)
In a Heartbeat - Loretta Ellsworth
Unwind - Neal Shusterman
Girl, Stolen - April Henry
Dirty Little Secrets - C.J. Omololu
The Idiot Girls' Action-Adventure Club - Laurie Notaro
Night - Elie Wiesel
Supernatural Origins - a comic series, by various artists and writers
The Twisted Window - Lois Duncan (re-read)
Page by Paige - Laura Lee Gulledge (A graphic novel)
Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist - Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
The Giver - Lois Lowry (re-read)
Forget About It - Caprice Crane
The Book of Awesome - Neil Pasricha
No Plot, No Problem - Chris Baty
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - J.K. Rowling

Okay, now I'm tired, and my head hurts. (Clearly, or I wouldn't include this in this post otherwise.) So I'm going to shorten the elaborations. Good book, intense book. Good book, intense book. Good series with good art, and in canon. Good book with lots of art, and applied to me personally.

In that order.

Oh this post would be so much more interesting if I could read it aloud. I could go on, but I've already had my say in previous book reviews, so what I will leave you with is this: Have you read any of these and what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment