Friday, June 8, 2012

New Summer, New Goals - 2012 edition

So I'm "borrowing" this idea from Dianne Salerni to write down goals for this summer and find a way to accomplish each one. Now I don't have a summer vacation like she does, but it's a new season, so I can use that as a timeline. Here we go.

  1. Blog more.
    Okay, this one might be difficult. The reason being because I have no idea what to blog about most of the time. I still feel like I'm at an amateur stage, like I have no right to go on about a business I'm still technically on the outside of. I'll see what I can do though. Perhaps there will be things I can participate in. If not, I suppose I could blog random things, (much like my tumblr which you will never see.)
  2.  Write... something
    This one might be a little bit vague. But considering I haven't really done any writing that I'm proud of for a few years now, this is a goal I would very much like to accomplish. I just have to get over my procrastination, get over my fear of not writing like I once did, get over my fear of not writing enough, and push the multiple plot bunnies away so I can stick to one story. Simple, right?
  3. Ignore any urge to quit Jiu-Jitsu
    This one shouldn't be hard, but it's still a goal. Most of you probably don't know that I recently started training in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. A quick rundown: it's hard, it's fun, it make you sweat like no other, and it hurts! I have mat burn on my feet, toes, and knees. I am covered in bruises. And by that I mean, I quite possibly have more spots than my Dalmatian. There's also a good chance I hyper-extended my arm tonight. But let me tell you, it's amazing to know this stuff. So basically my goal is to not die, and not let my dad freak me out about it. (He's a little wary of the fact that I'm the only girl in this class.)
  4. Finish editing Echo
    I probably made this goal last year. Anyway, I at least have an outline to follow now, and some new additions to some of my scenes I'm anxious to add. I just have to figure out when I'm doing this, while doing everything else.
  5. Try to finish reading Harry Potter
    Remember this from last year? Yeah, my bookmark has been sitting in the middle of book 4 since October.

1 comment:

  1. Go, you! Jiu-Jitsu sounds a bit scary for me, but I think it's awesome you're doing it and enjoying it!

    Good luck on all your goals!

    ReplyDelete