Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I Haven't Forgotten!!

I swear I've been reading, and I swear I've been writing. I just haven't been updating because I've been freaking out all summer because I'm moving. (Of course Tumblr got my presence, but fandoms serve as a nice distraction.)

Every time I sat down to update my blog I couldn't. I got scared. It's the same reason why I couldn't even write in my journal -- I was scared. I was scared that if I said anything, even to myself, that something would go wrong. In hindsight, it was probably a stupid thing to do as now I don't have any reference material to go back to about the perils of moving and the aggravation of dealing with a mortgage company.

On the plus side, I've made half an afghan, and half a bathroom rug. I've also played countless hours of School of Dragons. (Seriously, if you're obsessed with How to Train your Dragon, play it.)

Thinking back, I'm only just realizing how much time has passed. I went to Philly comic con in the beginning of the month and had planned on sharing my cosplaying adventures, (I was Toothless,) but it was the day after that I was told I would have to move out by the end of July. So everything went on hold.

But tomorrow is settlement, (yes, I'm 21 years old and I am purchasing my first home) and soon after I should hopefully settle into some sort of normalcy. I'll be broke, but hey, now I can really commit to that "starving artist" title.

School of Dragons. Go. Play. Now.

That's me, as Toothless the Night Fury. My friend as Hiccup.

And this because the tail was one of my favorite parts that I made.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on buying your own home! How exciting! Nerve-wracking too, I know. Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete